Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sweet 16 - Part II

And the Cinderella journey ends for one team and another #1 goes down. The Elite 8 are set.

Midwest

I went 1-1, scoring 40 points. Louisville moved on, but Duke beat Michigan State. That brings my total to 12-2 and 190 points. In the Elite 8, I picked Louisville over Michigan State, now Duke.

South

Busted, with a grand total 7-8 record and 90 points. The picks record up to this point is 7-7, since this round was 0-2. Alas, Florida ended Florida Gulf Coast's Cinderella journey and moved on to the Elite 8. Congrats Eagles. Record setting job well done! And we're not done. Michigan toppled #1 seed Kansas in overtime, to go to their first Elite 8 since 1994.

West

We covered this yesterday. I have Ohio State over Wisconsin, now Wichita State. Totals so far are 6-8 and 110 points.

East

Another busted regional bracket, with totals of 12-2 and 160 points.


I went 2-6 in this round, with a total of 80 points. Using picks through the Sweet 16, that brings my total to 37-19 and 550 points. Using the grand total numbers in the up to date standings confused things.

We have a new leader. Heat and Canes now has the lead in The Virtual Beer Tent. My Main Entry bracket dropped to 8th place. My best performing bracket in this group is the dead Really?, which is in 2nd place. However, I had Miami winning it all in that bracket. In the First Take group, my best performing bracket and my best bracket overall, is Take 3, which has a score of 580 points and is in 11,261st place.

Who will win? Who will fall? Will Wichita State continue its Cinderella run and surprise everybody?

Stay tuned. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment