Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The NCAA Final Four Championship Game

First of all, congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats for beating the Kansas Jayhawks and winning its eighth national championship.  Congratulations to Anthony Davis for earning the MOP award.  Although he only scored 6 points, he had 16 rebounds, 5 assists, and 6 blocks, and 3 steals. 

   It was a rainy entrance for the fans, with many getting soaked as they arrived.  I was in the nosebleed section and worked the game.  Here's a view.






   Although it was close early, as most fans saw, Kentucky kicked it into high gear and never looked back.  Kansas made a game of it at the end and has nothing to be ashamed of.  We had a monitor where we were, but it only started to show the score and time left when there was three minutes left in the game.  There is a plethora of game analyses, most of them very good, so the rest of this entry will focus on the evening and my picks.

   The Kentucky and Kansas fans were well behaved and friendly.  No one in my section acted or did anything really stupid.  Then again, the event was alcohol free. 

   Now, let's talk about The Fray singing the national anthem.  The guitarist played the same four chords over and over again throughout the tune.  The third chord clashed with the singer's pitch, making it hard to listen to, so we were subject to fingernails on the chalkboard dissonance every four measures.  Here's a flash for the band.  Just play it right and make it classy.


   Okay, it's time to face the music.  Although I picked Kentucky to win it all on a few of my brackets, my highest scoring bracket up to Saturday's games was my Upset Special, where I picked Ohio State to win the championship over Kansas.  That was a 99% score.  Alas, that kind of victory was not to be.  My best score was 1260, which is 88%.  My only correct Final Four picks in that bracket were Kentucky and Louisville, obviously with Kentucky winning.  Unfortunately for that bracket, North Carolina was eliminated by Kansas in the Elite 8.  My best bracket came in 771,041st place. 

   Oh well.  Maybe next year.

   Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment