Monday, March 25, 2013

Round of 32 - Part II

Finally, no surprising upsets. Other than the bad picks from the Round of 64, my picks fared better in this round.

Midwest

I went 1-0 yesterday, bringing the total for this round to 4-0 and a point total of 80. I'll gladly take it. My totals for this bracket are 11-1 and 150 points. In the Sweet 16 round, I picked Louisville over Oregon and Michigan State over Duke.

South

How about those Eagles of Florida Gulf Coast? Way to go!

I went 2-1 yesterday, bringing the total to 2-2 and a point total of 40. The Florida Gulf Coast vs San  Diego State is an automatic loss, since I picked Georgetown to beat both teams.My totals for this bracket are 7-5 and 90 points. In the next round, I chose VCU to beat Kansas and Georgetown to beat Florida. Since VCU and Georgetown have already been eliminated, the South bracket is officially dead and the final standings are 7-8 and 90 points. Although I thought Georgetown would make it to the Final Four, I picked against them there, so at least that pick still has hope.

So from here on, I'm pulling for Florida Gulf Coast in this bracket.

West

Once again, I went 1-1, bring the Round of 32 total to 2-2 and 40 points. As stated yesterday, the Ole Miss vs LaSalle game was an automatic loss. This bracket almost died, but Ohio State pulled out the win in the end. This bracket's totals are 5-7 and 70 points. In the Sweet 16 round, the Wichita State vs LaSalle game is an automatic loss, since I picked against both teams in the Round of 64. I chose Ohio State over Arizona and that's a pick 'em game.

East

The streak continues. Both of my picks struggled, but made it through, going 2-0 and 40 points. My round total is 4-0 and 80 points. The bracket total is 12-0 and 160 points. In the next round, I chose Indiana over Syracuse and Miami over Marquette.


I went 6-2 yesterday in the Round of 32, bring my total to 12-4 and 240 points. My overall standing is 35-13 and 470 points. That keeps me in a tie for first in The Virtual Beer Tent with my dead bracket, Really?.

The Main Entry bracket is still my best performing bracket so far. My Take 3 is the best performing bracket I have in the First Take group. It has 460 points and is in 1,964th place. My worst performing bracket that is not dead is my No #1. It has 430 points, placing 12,282.

Note: This week's Last Place Update will be posted later today.

Who will prevail? Who will fall? Will Wichita State and Florida Gulf Coast move on to the Elite 8?

Stay tuned. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment