Friday, March 22, 2013

Round of 64 - Part I

...And this is why they play the game. My perfect brackets are already gone. Thank you Harvard, you bracket killer. Oh well.

On my main pick sheet, two regions are still intact.

Midwest

I went 6-1 yesterday, picking Missouri over Colorado State. Today's upset special could be Creighton vs Cincinnati, which I picked Creighton to win.

South

This is one of the two intact brackets so far. There are a few games today that could go either way, such as North Carolina vs Villanova or San Diego State vs Oklahoma. Now how many brackets would be broken if the Hilltoppers of Western  Kentucky upset #1 seed  Kansas? Shouldn't  happen today.

West

Can you imagine the panic if Southern University would have upset Gonzaga? How many people picked Gonzaga to win it all? Congrats to Louisiana's own Southern Jaguars for making a game out of what should have been a total spanking. On to the picks.

This was my worst performing bracket of the day yesterday, going 2-2. I chose Pitt over Wichita State and picked against the perfect bracket killing Harvard Crimson. There are more pick' em games on tap. Wisconsin faces Ole Miss, Notre Dame goes against Iowa State. Will there be a stunning upset with the Iona vs Ohio State game, or even Kansas State vs LaSalle? Again, that's why they play the game.

East

This was the other intact bracket of the day yesterday. The two pick 'em games today in this bracket are Temple vs North Carolina State and Colorado vs Illinois. It would be nice if NC State made a Final Four run on the 20th anniversary of their historic national championship, but it won't  happen. Yes, I chose Temple.


On my main bracket, I have 130 points with an overall rank of 297,172. It's not my worst score, but also not my best. This bracket is also in the Virtual Beer Tent group, which is a group of alumni of the Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps. There, I'm tied for 2nd. A fellow alum I once marched with has one more correct pick than me.

My best performing bracket, although not in the Virtual Beer Tent, would have had me in a tie for first. However, it is in the First Take show group. It is ranked 259 with a score of 140.

Which pick 'em will be a spanking? Will another low seed upset a top seed?

As I will do, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment