Saturday, March 23, 2013

Round of 64 - Part II

Bracket killer? Again? Who in the world is Florida Gulf Coast? How many of us missed that pick? Oh well. Let's get this thing started.

Midwest

At least I fared better here. The rest of my picks won, making my total record for this bracket 7-1. I picked Missouri over Colorado State, but the Rams now have to face Louisville in the Round of 32. The Cardinals should prevail. The rest of them are pick 'em games. I chose Oregon over St. Louis, Michigan State over Memphis, and Duke over Creighton.

South

Oh, the horror of it all! The Eagles of Florida Gulf Coast just killed this bracket in one decisive, upsetting swoop by beating the team I picked to go to the Final Four, Georgetown. Congrats Florida Gulf Coast!! Job well done.

I went 5-3 overall in this bracket. My picks in this bracket could bring me down in The Virtual Beer Tent. Since I picked Georgetown over San Diego State in the Round of 32, I'm pulling for Florida Gulf Coast. I also picked Kansas to beat North Carolina, even though I chose Villanova over the Tarheels. I picked VCU in an upset win over Michigan and Florida over Minnesota. My original pick was UCLA, who lost to the Gophers.

West

The train wreck continues. This is my worst bracket, at 3-5. In the Round of 32, I only have three games with correct picks. I have Gonzaga over Wichita State. I wrongly chose Pitt over the Shockers. Ole Miss plays LaSalle. I chose both of their opponents, so no win/loss credit here. I picked Arizona over New Mexico, who lost to Arizona's current opponent Harvard. The Wildcats should take care of business against the Crimson. Finally, I chose Ohio State over Iowa State, who beat my original pick to face the Buckeyes, Notre Dame. My picks should be easy wins, but then again, that's why they play the game.

East

There is a disaster on one coast and perfection on the other. I went 8-0 in the East. Whew! That brings my Round of 64 record to 23-9. That's pretty good, except for the Georgetown loss. Now to the picks. I have Indiana over Temple, Syracuse over Cal, Marquette over Butler, and Miami over Illinois. Let's hope this streak continues.


My Main Entry bracket has a score of 230 points and an overall ranking of 724,707. My worst performing bracket, where I chose all of the #1 seeds to go to the Final Four has a score of 210 points and an overall ranking of 3,411,395. My best performing bracket is my Take 3 bracket. It has a score of 240 points and an overall ranking of 238,732. Take 3 is in the First Take group.

Speaking of groups, I am currently in 3rd place among my fellow Phantom Regiment alums in The Virtual Beer Tent and 1,962 in the First Take Group. I'm ahead of Stephen A. Smith and Jemele Hill in that group.

Who's picks will prevail? Will there be another bracket killing upset win? Stay tuned. I will.

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment