Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey Everybody!!


I’ve been doing sports history tweets on Twitter the past couple of years and had fun doing it.  I enjoy tweeting what past and current greats did on a current day years ago, and enjoy the tongue-in-cheek last place updates.  However, there are some games and events I’d like to feature where 140 characters are nowhere near enough to sufficiently explain what happened.  Or there may be a gem, such as one tweet last fall, where a player hit a game winning home run and it ended up being his last home run and hit in the majors.  Sometimes, a game may have several players with good stats, but not enough room to tweet about it.  Usually, if the game or player was that outstanding, I did multiple tweets.

Over the past couple of months, I had to pass on some good games because there wasn’t enough room and that got old fast.  This is also the first year I tweeted old drum & bugle corps contests, an activity which I’m a huge fan.  It was obvious, especially with the drum & bugle corps contests, that it was past time to write a blog. 

So here we are.  I hope you enjoy reading this blog and come back to read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment